Health and welfare
The Health and Welfare sector offers a wide range of services. Citizens in need of assistance from the local authority can contact our Servicecenter, which will offer advice and assistance, and also guide you towards which services you are entitled to.
Health and welfare centres
The welfare centres in Ålesund can offer the following services:
- Assisted living centres (nursing homes)
- Welfare housing facilities
- Long-term stays
- Day-centre activities
- Respite care and assistance for inhabitants suffering from dementia
Some centres also offer other additional services. To apply for services at a health and welfare center, contact our Servicecenter at +47 70 16 20 00.
Municipal health clinics (helsestasjon) provide free health care for children up to age 5, which provides the following services:
- Pre- and postnatal check-ups
- Follow-up consultations wit midwife during pregnancy
- Obligatory check-ups for all children up to the age of 5
- Vaccination programme for all children below school age
- Healthcare information for young people up to the age of 20
Home care makes it easier for citizens with special needs to stay at home. This includes senior citizens, the chronically ill, patients recovering from surgery and the disabled.
- Home nursing
- Home help
- Aid call alarm
- Meal on wheels
For more information please contact our Servicecenter at +47 70 16 20 00.